1. Job may be getting better. I’ll believe it when I experience it.
2. Weather too hot for the past week. Cooler today but still we need rain, not bloody dust drops to make cars dirtier.
3. It is probably vaguely wicked to overtake a brand new car of a particular brand while driving a 19 year-old version. Can I just say that a very peevish middle-aged woman finally overtook me in her super-smart 2009 model five kilometres later? 🙂
4. I miss having a latte or flat white coffee every morning. Those pre-mixed powders are bearable but not really close to the real thing. Still, they’re cheaper by some huge factor.
5. Had lunch with a friend. Got to vent and grizzle without being judged and it felt good.
6. I am officially one of those sad, pathetic old cat ladies. Two nights ago I had a 15 minute conversation with my ancient cat (16 years and counting). He listened intently, never took his eyes off me, and never interrupted. I was able to tell him all about my worries about work and why I’m sad about no longer being able to study. Things I would have normally discussed with my husband in happier times. Then it occurred to me that I’d probably have different topics if DH were still alive.
7. Ancient cat has put on another 100g. Go, cat! He’s still rather skinny but not as bad as he was a year ago. I’m amazed that he has that extra weight, given the amount of fur he’s been shedding with his summer moult. I brushed enough fur off him three nights ago to make a new kitten.
8. There is no point 8. I have to get back to work.