My list of minor mea culpas.
1. I can’t stand Bob Dylan or Neil Young, even if most of my friends think they’re the cat’s pyjamas.
2. I blame other people for messes sometimes. Makes me look slightly less disgusting.
3. I have blamed my DD for creating marks on my work shirts. The truth is, I am too lazy to change a shirt just because there’s a mark on it. Heck, it may even be toothpaste from clumsy me.
4. I don’t read enough. I slob around and watch TV because that takes less effort. My years of university study must have worn me out.
5. I procrastinate. That’s why it took me so long to write this list.
6. I find my OCD too hard to deal with sometimes, but other times I sort of like it because it validates me being different.
7. I forgot to RSVP to DD’s friend’s birthday party until today. Party is on Saturday. I suck.
8. Sometimes I don’t take a stand when I should. Like telling people to stop being mean or homophobic, or that their words are like arrows rather than amusing bons mots. I’m getting a bit better with this but I still quake in my shoes while I’m telling people.
8.a. Actually, it was worth growing a spine and standing up for things more often.
9. I left my previous church because I couldn’t stand the music. It was appalling and I hate choruses anyway. I didn’t have the guts to tell the minister that that was the principal reason for leaving.
10. I’ve fallen asleep during intercessory prayers at church. That’s why I don’t kneel for prayers. Well, that, and the fact that my knees and back are getting worse.
11. I compare myself to other mothers and sometimes I fall short, and other times I am smug and think “Thank goodness I’m not like her”. I’m particularly ashamed about that.